The girls were awake until almost 1 AM again last night. You may think you have all kinds of great advice about how important a solid bedtime routine is or how putting them down earlier is the answer to my problem. 1) That's not what this post is actually about and 2) I had them in bed about 7:30 after their usual bath and story, thanks.
I opted not to even try to wake them up, get them dressed and out the door to try to make it to church by 9. I may be a bad mother because of it, but I know my children and have gone through it enough times that I know what kind of battle I would be fighting. Kaitlyn often wakes up alot like me. If she's not ready to be awake, it's tears and screaming and meltdowns until she gets over it. If she gets over it. With Emily, it's tears and whining about how she can't get up because she's tired and how she shouldn't have to go because Daddy isn't and is still in bed. It's also much harder to forcibly dress her now that she's 5 than it was when she was 2.
So, even though I wasn't willing to deal with that today, I did make at least part of church since I needed to drop some things off that I had promised someone. Which is a good thing because I also found out one of the sisters I visit teach decided this weekend that they will be temporarily moving to California in nine days.
And when I got home I found that Emily had just made pink milk for herself and her sister (and eaten about five packages of fruit snacks). Only she used an almost full bottle of strawberry syrup in about 3 cups of milk. There are about thirty-one 8oz servings in a bottle of syrup, people. The milk is actually a bit darker than it looks in the picture. So, tomorrow I will be buying another couple gallons of milk and diluting it down to a reasonable shade of pink. Cheers!
Objects in picture may be darker than they appear.
No comments:
Post a Comment