Emily entered Lumpy's Ice Cream Eating Contest. She was super excited about it!
No, really. She chose the ice cream eating contest over face painting!
She wasn't expecting such a large crowd, and honestly, neither was I nor, apparently, Lumpy. They started off with only one table and had to add two more for the kids to crowd around.
I am so proud of her! She was able to work through her anxiety over the strange crowd and dig into her ice cream. She didn't eat her ice cream the fastest, but she definitely won her own battle.
Then we took a shuttle to the bounce house...We were settling in for the show and just as the symphony was beginning to warm up, the rain started and they wound up cancelling it. Naturally, the rain stopped before we got to the parking lot. All in all, it was a good day.
Great post!!! I love the pictures. The girls are so cute. Great job with the ice cream eating contest, Emily!!! I would have chosen ice cream over face painting, too. :)
ReplyDelete