Wednesday, November 9, 2011

When I Grow Up

We made a family outing to Wal-Mart yesterday and at one point I found myself walking alone with Emily. Or maybe Kaitlyn was in the cart and I was too busy laughing at listening to Emily to remember her being there. We passed a display full of backpacks and Emily became very animated.

Emily: "Mom, when I am 9, I am going to buy my kids backpacks!"
Me, amused: "Haha. Emily there is no way you are going to have any kids when you are 9."
Emily: "Okay, then when I am 19 I will buy backpacks for my kids for school."
Me, alarmed: "You definitely better not have any kids when you are 19, especially school-age kids!"
Emily: "Okay, I will when I am 29. I can have school-age kids then, right?"
Me, relieved: "Yeah, you can totally have kids in school when you're 29."
Emily: "Because you are 29 and you have a kid in school. Me!"
Me: "Yup. That's right."

Word to the wise- if you are sensitive about your age, don't tell Emily what it is. She has the memory of an elephant.


No comments:

Post a Comment