Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Emily's First Day of School

Emily is officially a kindergartner. She was very excited that her daddy wasn't going to work so he could take her to school and pick her up on her first day! She picked out her clothes the night before, but in true Emily fashion tried to back out of her choice and fight getting dressed that morning. It didn't work. Getting to listen to stories on the ipad on the way helped calm her down.

On the ride to school.
Walking to the building with Daddy.
In front of "A" building.
Emily is in the Children's House. Her class is a mix of 3, 4, and 5 year olds. For these classes, they had staggered start dates. On her first day, it was just the kindergartners. Her teachers, Mrs. Yenny and Mrs. Amy talked about the classroom materials and prepared them for the younger students that would be joining their class over the next few days. They reminded them there were going to be a lot of younger children and of their important job to be good examples for them. Emily was very proud of being a good example.
Emily and Mrs. Yenny.
After we picked her up, we surprised Emily with a trip to a delicious little frozen yogurt place called Local Yogurt. It was Josh's first time trying it. They generally have 3 or 4 flavors of yogurt and all different kinds of toppings. One really fun topping is popping boba. They are little fruit juice filled gelatinous balls. But in a good way. You really just have to try them to understand. Emily chose chocolate yogurt with Lucky Charms. Kaitlyn chose watermelon sorbet with blueberries. Josh chose chocolate yogurt with brownie pieces (we were disappointed in their dry brownies). I chose plain yogurt with blackberries (the berries were pretty flavorless; I should have gotten popping boba). But the yogurt was still top-notch. 
Mmmm...  LoYo serves good froyo!
And for some reason, Josh looked at that corner every time I took a picture. 

Emily had a great day that will (hopefully) be the start of a great year!





2 comments:

  1. Yeah Emily!!!! I know you are going to do great in kindergarten!!!! I love you ssssssooooooo much, both you and Kaitlyn!

    Love you Bunches,

    Grandma B

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for the first day of school! Emily looked beautiful and I'm so glad she had a great day. LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of her and daddy walking into school. This definitely WILL be the start of a great year. And I love Kaitlyn's adorable hair too!

    Love you guys!

    Aunt Heather

    ReplyDelete